I recently had the opportunity to sit down for a chat with Zack Maclean, Inventory Director for GoWireless, Inc., one of the largest agents for Verizon Wireless in the U.S. Zack is an experienced leader with a diverse background in marketing, analytics, supply chain, finance, operations and sales.
In this discussion, we talk all about analytics and the key metrics needed to manage product for 400+ physical stores in the U.S. A memorable quote from this episode, as it relates to choosing one of myriad metrics to track:
- [01:20] Key Metrics for managing 400+ physical stores
- [02:55] Approach for developing critical reports
- [04:13] Anticipating demand with the iPhone 6/6 Plus
- [06:45] Leveraging analytics to support business goals
- [11:10] Technology for important business analytics
- [15:10] Automation, technical challenges, and ROI
- [17:24] Processes & Templates for effective reporting
If you really enjoy the talk today, I would really appreciate you taking a minute to leave a review on SoundCloud. It would really mean a lot.
I believe there’s an incredible story hidden in every team. The way I share the lessons in these stories is through conversation and data. I just happen to build the analytics that asks the next question.